Friday, December 23, 2011

following my roots to the native village... Karukurichi


I am back in Dallas after a 3 week long vacation to India, and good news is that I got married, her name is Maya Sundararajan. She is back with me here and now are we are leaving on a Honeymoon trip to New York!!

It had been a busy 3 weeks, the marriage was on Dec 4-5th and did you know that my poonal was on Nov 30th. Ouch... so was a "Brahamachari" for only 5 days !! Didn't have to do "Sandhya Vandanam" much, may be I could blame it on my"Aatakaari". Doesn't mean that I didn't perform the "havans" and "mantras" well during the wedding. In fact everyone told me that my Sanskrit pronunciations were very good and had to go to my "Kula-devvam" at Karukurichi to perform pooja, it was a nice trip to Karukurichi and would definitely share some photos from the trip soon.

Karukurichi is a beautiful village surrounded with Mountains and lots of "khet" and yeah so many ripe banana trees that you smell them in fresh air. Visited 3 temples at Karukurichi, Lord Shiva temple, Perumal koil and the Sastha temple... little unhappy with the present state of the temple since most of the "brahmins" have moved out of the village to seek better future and life. Performed "abhishekam" at the Kalakody Sastha temple, this temple is very beautiful on the banks of the Canadian canal. Got an idea, probably create a website as suggested by my big brother Vivek for the betterment of the temple. The priest "RN Sharma" was very nice and was helpful in providing some info about the temple and history. I have put some initial information about the temple and created a website "www.kalakodysastha.org" , the website is under construction, it's not for profit type but should be sustainable, that's my only Hope. Please do visit www.kalakodysastha.org and provide your comments and feedback.

Till the next time, goodbye and here I come NY !!

10 comments:

Prasad said...

Great article. Our rand parents are from Karukurichi as well. It would be great if you could post some pics. We googled for it, but can't find any :-)

Unknown said...

Good Article.. I am too from Karukurichi..

Unknown said...

I too fro karukurichi. Sastha my mother side kuladeivam

Unknown said...

Please do contact me 00971558872044

Unknown said...

My grand parents are from KK. My father and his entire family lived and studied in KK. My father is no more but I have very fond memories of KK. I used to visit the village during the summer holidays and enjoyed playing cricket with the local boys. I now live in Dubai and my mobile no is +97150 5525603

Unknown said...

Hi friends my mother place s kk I came there 25 years above. Vijaya teacher is my only relative there, can any one from there help me to get her number.

Thank u

ramobiotech@gmail.com

KVL said...

i wish to visit the village karukurichi... is there any place to stay? are there brahmins living in agraharam.. i will appreciate if someone comes forward with as much detail about this village for my proposed visit.thanks lakshminarayanan

KVL said...

i can also be contacted at 9444983700. lakshminarayanan

Unknown said...

Ok brother...Definitely I will help you to get her number..

Aslish said...

Have you got her contact number...?